Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1

I truly believe you are where you're meant to be...

This blog is about spreading positivity only. We know how fast bad news spreads. Now it's time to discover how fast good news can spread.

I'm currently unemployed. I am job hunting! No job is unworthy but I want to do something I like and am happy with. Being alone with my thoughts really inspired this blog :) Unemployment is a blessing in disguise! Every blog I share will have some of my thoughts and a passed action. I believe this world really needs people to have thoughts. THINK! Then, turn them into actions. After you have acted upon something, reflect. Did it work? I will finish the blog with a quote and a song. If you like my thoughts, please give me feedback and Please share it. That! is how to help my project, sharing! :)

Here we go...

I've been the happiest I've ever been these passed few days. The world didn't end. I was with my family and I've just been so inspired. For the holidays, we were blessed to visit my sister in Rockville, MD. We had an amazing Christmas and beautiful New Year's on King's St. in Alexandria, VA for First Night Alexandria (http://www.youtube.com/user/FirstNightAlexandria). Family time re-energizes me. The action I want to talk about today is a situation with a little girl and her mom at the airport. I had seen them at Dulles Airport before leaving to come back to Texas and just loved how cute they looked holding hands. Both had their carry on luggage and their extra item. The little girl's item was a Hello Kitty bag pack that was bigger than her back but it was clear she was proud of it. She was the cutest little thing to watch. We arrived to San Antonio safe and sound. Time to go home! When they reached the escalator ahead of us, the mom struggled to get both of their carry on luggage on the escalator and ended up having to focus more attention on that rather than her little girl. The little girl hesitated and was kind of scared to step on. Slowly, the mom got further and further away. There were two men in front of me who didn't really see and ended up passing the little girl. I quickly just grabbed her hand and slightly pushed her so she could get on. I forgot about my suitcase but my mom pushed it on the step right behind me. The little girl quickly said "Thank you for helping me." in the cutest little voice ever! I giggled and said "No problem!" I was overwhelmed with happiness. Kids are full of it! I tried to get her to her mom on the ride down but the man in front of me quickly helped as well. He grabbed her hand to pass her along but we reached the bottom before that. He had her jump off with him happily. The mom was overwhelmed with gratitude! Honestly, it was nothing. It was a moment. That is what this life is about, moments. What if all the moments in the world are positive?! I don't know...

I am now extremely grateful for HER, the mom, for being a great mom! We need that, great moms.


After that, I went on with my family to the torturous wait of baggage claim. I didn't have any so I just waited off to the side. I then saw the mom meet up with a man who I assume is her husband. I didn't want the situation to end. So, I went back and told her about my positivity movement and asked for the little girl's name. Her name is Mila and she is 4 years old. She inspired me! A little girl who is positive and grateful. There is hope for our world! SHARE POSITIVITY! :)


Quote: "You can have everything you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want." - Zig Ziglar. RIP


Song: "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley.


Thank you so much for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to comment, or message me at monikalm17@gmail.com Thanks and Gig' em! :)

The new home for my blog, The Positivity Blog is http://faithoptimismlove.com/the-positivity-blog.html.

Thanks and gig'em! :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I loved this blog entry. Thank God for little Mila and her family as well as for people like you Monika :). It was really sweet of you to help Mila find her way back to her mother. This was a great touch of positivity that I've been needing all day actually :) thank you so much for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, 3rd! YOU are what the world needs! Musicians with passion! :) love ya, man! these are the roots or our actions!

      Delete
  2. Great start!

    Inshallah your dream will turn into reality

    ReplyDelete