Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2

200 views in a day! I like where this is going!! Thank you for coming back. If you're new, I suggest you start with Day 1 because it's more inspiring. Since this is about positivty and taking action, today I will talk about 2 actions; starting my blog and working out. I am literally addicted to blogging now. I need to be careful, addictions are bad :) 

Let's start with my workout, 1 hour at AquaFitness!

If you personally know me, you might have chuckled. And asked "What is a rugby player doing with a bunch of old people in a pool during winter?" But, yes, a 26 year old rugby player goes to AquaFitness classes at the exquisite gym that is Gold's Gym! (shoutout because I applied there haha) And OLD PEOPLE ARE AWESOME! Anyway, the story as to why I go to these classes is pretty funny now, actually. I will not focus on that, though. I want to focus on the power of working out. It is healthy, right Ann? Good health comes with positivity. I'm going to get a little complicated...

Let's start by saying "I 'hated' swimming." I did. I am an athlete. It wasn't a workout to me. It was just something "fun". You just splash around, get wet and have a good time. I would tell myself "How can a workout be fun?" Well, IT CAN! Since this is The Positvity Blog, I also need to talk about hate. 

What is hate? 

I recently heard that people use the word hate to express what you feel towards something that is not useful to you. I believe that is true! BUT! Hate can be changed to love! I NOW LOVE SWIMMING! I go to AquaFitness maybe twice a week now on a good week. The people there are amazing! Beth is a great instructor who teaches me a lot and the moments with those people are amazing. I could go on and on about those moments, but that would take up too much of your time. I don't want to do that.

The change from hate to love is a struggle, but that is what the world needs. We need people willing to walk that struggle. I don't want to make this blog too complicated yet but the reality is that I used to hate swimming and now I love it. So... moral of that action and reflection was to keep an open mind. Anything is possible! I believe world peace is possible! That is my dream...



Ok... back to reality.

BLOGGING! I did not know about the power of blogging until recently! I follow some blogs but I didn't realize their potential or even realize they were blogs lol! My brother in law really inspired me to write with his blog cowboyperez.blogspot.com. Check it out if you want to read about doggies :) My sister is my inspiration in writing. She has always been really passionate about what she does and she has even been published in the Huffington Post! I personally know a guy with a very successful blog, http://thepractitionerd.com/.

So, blogging allows you to write without having to go through the hassles of being published! I learned this from an amazing writer with an amazing book "Freedom is blogging in your Underwear" which I read in an hour! Great message!

Ok, done. 2 Actions today! Yesterdays thoughts, caused these actions that then caused these reflections. What are your thoughts? Positive? Like it? 

That is also something I want to promote; asking questions :)  Some people have been hesitant already... but I AM REAL! :)

Special shoutout to my middle school coach, 'teacher' and mentor, Ryggie! :)

Quote: "The only disability in life is a bad attitude." -Scott Hamilton

Song: "FOL" by Smashing Pumpkins
Song2: "Don't Wake Me Up" by Chris Brown

One last thing. I LOVE NEW FRIENDS! Thank you so much for all the new Facebook friend requests but please send me a message when you add me as well! You can also connect through my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spread-the-Aggie-Honor-Code-Worldwide/286987961326867

Thanks and gig'em :)

The new home for my blog, The Positivity Blog is http://faithoptimismlove.com/the-positivity-blog.html.

Thanks and gig'em! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment